Use ONLY Atticus Tattoo recommended tattoo aftercare
Do not pick or tear off scabs
Do not swim, hot tub or soak for a minimum of three weeks
Do not tan or expose to direct sunlight until fully healed
We strongly recommend applying sunblock to tattoos to prevent fading
- We recommend using medical grade clear adhesive bandage to promote rapid and safe healing for your tattoo. This prevents dirt, grime and other nasties ☺ from contaminating your tattoo and at the same time allows oxygen in to allow for optimal healing.
After 8-24 hours (depending on how much the area weeps) remove the first second skin bandage that was applied by the artist, then clean and dry thoroughly. For best results remove in the shower.
Once the tattooed and surrounding are CLEAN and DRY, remove one side of the backing paper on the new piece of second skin. Make sure the area is in a natural and relaxed position and apply. Smooth over the second skin then remove the last layer of backing paper.
Second bandages can be worn for up to 5 days.
After the second application of the second skin, continue your healing with Atticus Tattoo approved aftercare and instructions until your tattoo is 100% healed.
We do offer a more traditional aftercare option as well…
- Leave bandage on for a minimum of THREE HOURS or recommended time
- Wash tattoo gently with warm water and mild scent free soap
- Rinse with cold water and carefully pat dry with paper towel
- Apply a small amount of artist recommended aftercare
- If stinging, redness or swelling occurs, wash and wait 24 HOURS before re-applying
- During the healing process, wash and apply aftercare 3 times DAILY